Friday, October 29, 2010

The Dream by Gurbaksh Chahal


The book The Dream by Gurbaksh Chahal is an inspirational story that follows the entrepenural journy of a man named Gurbaksh Chahal, who is simply known as G. What makes this story inspirational is that G came from nothing. His family moved from India to America when he was a small child with only 25 dollars to their name and the 6 of them were forced to live in a 1 bedroom apartment in the projects of eastside San Jose. Though G is faced with many hardships he doesnt stop trying to become a succeful business man. Some of the first things you learn about G is that by the time he was 16 he was making 300,000 dollars... a month, eventually selling his company for 40,000,000 dollars to ValueClick (A multibillion dollar, NASDAQ Listed corporation) - And that was just the beginging. The rest of the story follows his journy,with all of its ups and downs, to achive the American Dream. This book is fast paced and kept me turning the page wanting to read more. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a truely amazing success story because this books teaches anyone that they can achive their dream. I also learned from this story that you create a company because you have a good idea not to get rich, like he said in this quote "Don’t chase the money. Chase substance. If you have substance, the money will follow." (Chahal 101)

2 comments:

  1. This book remides me of the interesting movie, Slumdog Millionare. As I enjoyed that movie very much, I feel I will also enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a pretty good book since it is a success story, but it sounds a little confusing. For this reason I might not enjoy it as much as other books since I do not like reading confusing books.

    ReplyDelete