Friday, October 29, 2010

Heidi By: Johanna Spyri

A young girl, an orphan, lives with her grandfather up in the mountains of the swiss alps. In the beginning it doesn't say what happenes to her parents which kind of makes it hard to understandeverything in the at first. After living with her grandfather for a while she is forced to leave him and go live with a girl who is about her age but is very sick. I must say the in the begininng the book was a little slow, but it wasn't hard to get through it. It got better. I think that it is interesting that the author of the book, Johanna Spyri, lived in the mountains of the Swiss Alps also. I feel like it is a great connection. I would definatly recommend this book to others. If you are a person who likes to read about true-life situations you would enjoy this book.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book about 4 years ago. I remember liking it, but I have trouble remembering more about it, because like you said, the beginning was quite slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very enjoyable, but slow.......but i do enjoy slow books....it gives the book more suspense. Also, I have always wanted to go to Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds interesting since I like reading true-life situation. It sounds a little sad though, but maybe it has a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching movies about this book when I was younger, particularly the one with Shirley Temple in it, and I've always wanted to pick it up but never got around to it. I'll have to look for it again!

    ReplyDelete