Friday, October 29, 2010

A long way gone: Memoirs of a boy soldier by: Ishmael Beah


The book A long way gone: Memoirs of a boy soldier, by Ishmael Beah is about a group of kids in Africa that have to run from Rebels. Along the way they go through many abandoned villages. They also sometimes get split up and take a while to find each other. While traveling, some of the villages stop them, thinking they are rebel soldiers. This book is action-packed, and an adventure. I recommend this to readers that like non-fiction, set in a different country, and war. This book is a great way to learn about the rebels who go threw Africa terrorizing villages, forcing the children to join them.
Nick

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book. I would love to read it sometime. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very interesting. I have previous knowledge of these kind of events in Africa from movies I have seen. I hope to read it if I can find a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this book would be a good book to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and it was really good. I feel like the review is pretty true to the story.. but I feel as though the book should be directed to more mature audiences, because the book has pretty mature and explicit content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds very interesting and an eye opener for everyone. Most of us couldn't even imagine what it must be like for this boy.

    ReplyDelete