Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan


Attention all Percy Jackson fans! Do not despair! If you have been craving more about your favorite demi-gods at Camp Half Blood after finishing The Last Olympian you need wait no longer! In The Lost Hero, the mystery of the great prophecy is starting to unravel. Percy Jackson may be missing from the action, but the reader will meet a new generation of heroes (and catch up with a few old friends) as they face a challenge even greater than the return of Kronos. The reader will meet engaging new characters that struggle with the existence of mythological monsters, gods, and heroes in their everyday lives. This new addition to the series keeps the exciting page turning pace of the previous adventures. This new chapter of what promises to be an eventful series also features some local landmarks! Bay Area natives should look for the appearance of Walnut Creek, the Caldecott Tunnel, Napa Valley and our own Mt. Diablo! This book will appeal to all of those that have a love for action and adventure, mystery and of course Greek (and now Roman) Mythology!

Megan

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad this series is going to continue.I would like to read this book! I wonder if the author ever lived in the Bay Area? He used San Francisco and Mt. Tam as a setting in his previous books. This series helped me have a better understanding of Greek mythology. It was interesting to see how someone updated the myths to fit modern times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series so I can't wait to read this book. I'm glad he came out with another book because the Percy Jackson series was over. I hope this book is as good as Rick Riordan's others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this series but I am thinking of starting it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great book. I enjoy fantasy and adventure. Where could I find this book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad he continued writing. I was so mad after the ambiguous ending of the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read the first series, but i might not read this one because i don't like it when they change characters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds cool. It is interesting that he put so much of the bay area in his book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't finish reading the entire series, but I'm great that he contiuned writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am confused, it says book one. Is this a whole different series? Anyway I read the fist couple books in the series and they were very good, I might read this too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read the first three books and liked them a lot.
    The Greek Mythology theme fits perfectly with our Greek Mythology unit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked the Percy Jackson series, but I was wondering, is this just a contuation of the series or a whole different one?

    ReplyDelete