Friday, October 29, 2010

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer


The book A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer is a book that the reader will not be able to put down. This book takes place in Dally City, California. It is about a young boy who is abused by his alcoholic mother. He must survive on his own in order to live to see the next day. I would say this is one of my favorite books. I like it not for what happened but the fact that it was written so well. The author uses great discriptions of what it was like for him to be there, I felt like I was actually in the book with him. In this passage he is decribing hs mother and how she has changed so from what he had remembered as a little kid, "She still has a hangover from last nights super. Her once beautiful, shiny hair is now frazzled clumps. As usual she wear no makeup. She is over weight, and she knows it." I thought this was an interesting but yet descriptive way to have the reader make a visual of what he is talking about. Also he says in a sentence describing his clothes, My long sleeve shirt has more holes than Swiss Cheese. "I could tell exactly what the author, Dave Pelzer was wearing by saying it was like Swiss Cheese. To me that is part of the reason I liked readings his many books, because it was so descrpitive and had a lot of thhing that you could think about while reading it. I really liked this book and think that people who want a suspence story but also a story that you just can't put down, this would be a good story for you.

10 comments:

  1. I've heard of this book but I never got around to reading it. I might do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds slightly creepy, and it makes you wonder if there is actually a boy like that out there. I might read this book sometime, it seems interesting in a creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read this book, and its really good! but i feel terrible for the boy, is it a true story? the author does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book! Its so sad. Its such a page turner. Its a quick read, but I would recommend this book. Believe it or not, it is a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this review was very well written and the book sounds very interesting, and suspenseful. It sounds like a very good book and I might read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends have talked about this book and they say its a great book. I am not sure if I should read it, but i am willing to take a risk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read this book! It was a very good story, but I found it extremely sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sound so interesting and sad. It sounds like a book everyone should read. If everyone reads this I think it would help end child abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this book sounds really sad to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a big psycoligical book to me.

    ReplyDelete