Friday, October 29, 2010

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen


In the book Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen the main character a thirteen-year-old boy named Brain Robeson was on his way to his father’s house. When the single engine plane he was flying in crashes into the wilderness. Brain is left with only a hatchet that is connected to his belt and his own wits to try to survive in the unforgiving wilderness. He has to face many challenges that put him on the edge of breaking down. Brain has to learn many survival techniques if he is going to survive and keep believing that his parents will not stop looking for him until he is found. I believe that this book was exciting and suspenseful. Once I got about six pages into it I could not put it down. It is a great read as you follow Brian through his many adventures in the wild. You may even learn a thing or two about how to survive. I think that anyone who enjoys being in a wilderness will thoroughly enjoy reading this book. It has a very good plot that keeps you wanting to turn the page. I believe that you will like it. I did want to read more when I finally turn the last page. It is not too long, but not too short either. It also moves at a perfect pace. It keeps you on your toes, wondering, as he goes through challenges and starts to think that” he will never get out of this place. Not now. Not ever” (117). But will he stay strong and resist the negativity, and survive….

Grant

7 comments:

  1. I read this book a while ago so i don't really remember it but i remember thinking it was good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is great and seemingly accurate. I really enjoyed its sequels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rememeber reading this book. I really liked it, because it seemed like it could really happen to anyone. It also had a lot of suspese, which i love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book in 2nd grade and then again in 6th grade. I really loved this book. This is one of my ultimate favorite book. I would not mind reading this again and again. Gary Paulsen did a fantastic job writing this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started this book when I was in Elementary school - Never Finished it. Though the way you described it makes me want to read it again and actually finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book. Its pretty intense. Gary Paulsen did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is great!! But I read it in second grade, so I don't really remember why it is any good

    ReplyDelete