Friday, October 29, 2010

Kindred by: Octavia Butler


In the novel, Kindred, by Octavian Butler, the main character Dana time travels to the Antebellum South era. This time period of slavery was dangerous for any black male or female, including Dana. Her time travels continue to occur at random times, and she later discovers that she is being called back whenever her, “ancestors” are in need of help. With her experience of living the life of a slave, her journey’s to constantly rescue her family prolong. Not knowing when her adventures will end, she discovers with the help of her boyfriend, why her purpose of completing her tasks are important. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested in adventure or historical fiction novels. This was a type of book that I never wanted to put down once I started reading, and it always kept me interested with every detail. Out of a five star rating, I would rate this book a four.

10 comments:

  1. this book was sometimes hard to keep track of what time period it was

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book already, it was good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this book. It was a pretty interesting book, but i don't know if i would read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read this book. It was not very good. ican't believe you got through the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. i already read the book. it was okay but like Claire said it was hard to keep track of the time period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It had a plot for adults, and a writing style for teenagers. Not a very good match, but it was a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book last year I didn't think it was very good

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book. It really brought to my attention what actually was happening back then. The author really makes the book thrilling. Kindred is a book I would definitely read again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this book and I thought it was a "unique" story, that didn't always make sense. Thought I liked it the first time I wouldn't read it twice but I would recommend it to someone who hasn't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this book in 8th grade for English and it was hard to understand at first, but when I really took then time to go deeper into my thoughts I loved it. Great read, great post.

    ReplyDelete