Friday, October 29, 2010

Flight of the Intruder By Stephen Coonts


The book Flight of the Intruder by Stephan Coonts is the best novel on the Vietnam war ever published. The book is about a pilot named Richard Evirrit. He flys A-6 Intruders which is wear the name comes from. The book tells the story of Vietnam from the perspective of the pilots forced to fly increasingly difficult missions in a war made unwinable by polititains thousands of miles away. The theme of the entire book is summed up by the quote from Richard when asked by a reporter about the war,"I fly and fight not for my country who has long ago abandoned me but for my brothers in arms." I give this book a solid 5/5 it is a very dramatic saga about pilots who risk their lives for their country and for each other.

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds pretty interesting. I think its cool how the pilots really support each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks exciting! I like the rating you gave it and i hope when i read it, it better be as good as you say! perfect review, but wheres the quote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude seth the qoute is in the 6th and 7th lines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. His view sounds a lot like MSF's. It looks like a good but, but hard to relate to due to the time frame.

    ReplyDelete