Friday, October 29, 2010

The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis

When two children discover a world where time is different then ours and a great lion rules the land, many adventures begin. Journey to Narnia one last time in The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis. The great lion Aslan has been spotted in Narnia once again, but is it really him? Is Aslan really the same as the Calormen god Tash who the rowdy Calormens of the South sacrifice men to? After all, he is not a tame lion.

King Tirian is trying to stand up to this lie. “He meant to go on and ask how the terrible god Tash who fed on the blood of his people could possibly be the same as the good Lion by whose blood all Narnia was saved.” Narnia has turned into a battlefield, but the children from our world are coming back to help. As Jill fights for Narnia, she says, “I was going to say I wished we’d never come. But I don’t, I don’t, I don’t. Even if we are killed. I’d rather be killed fighting for Narnia than grow old and stupid at home and perhaps go about in a bathchair and then die in the end just the same.”

Could this possibly be the end of Narnia?

This books pace is a little slow. It takes a while to build up to the excitement. If you have read and enjoyed the rest of this series, than you should definitely read this. The setting is in a made-up world called Narnia. Learn how this world was made in The Magician’s Nephew. Jill and the other children that come to help Narnia live in England. They are just normal kids, but in Narnia they fit in with Kings and Queens. I enjoyed this whole series and would recommend it.

Shelby

5 comments:

  1. Your summery is very good! I normally don't read books like this but i would like to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds interesting. I've read the few of these books, but never this one. You did a great job on the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading this book when I was sick with the stomach flu. It was confusing at times but very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great book. I wonder if they made a movie for it yet. Oh and by the way "bathchair" is not a word. just for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read this yet but I have read alot of Narnia stuff
    I will try to read this soon

    ReplyDelete