Friday, October 29, 2010

Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins


The book Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins is a fast paced, thrilling closing to the Hunger Games trilogy. It starts in the beginning of a civil war in the sad remains of the United States, Panem. The war is between the abused rebel districts of the nation, and the foul, violent and cruel Capital. Katniss, once just a kid that had been one of the unlucky contestants of the Hunger Games, which is a vicious fight to the death for survival, has now become an important piece of the rebellion. She has made the commitment of becoming the Mocking Jay, an important symbol that the rebels look up to in times of need. With the responsibility of being the Mocking Jay she also finds that she now has a great decisive power over the rebels and what they do. With this knowledge she goes to lead the rebel district towards their seemingly impossible victory against a capital that has been pushed to extremes.

Michael

11 comments:

  1. I love the action-thriller genre of movies, so it seems like I would like this book as well. Its a series, right? So I would probably want to read the first and second books before this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have read the previous books to this series and liked them, but i didn't know there was a third book. I hope to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book sounds quite thrilling and interesting. I am not really into war type novels but it sounds like a good book and I am willing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the Hunger Games or this book. If i wanted to read Mockingjay, should i read the Hunger Games first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like it is very thrilling. I always like a good series. Hope i can read them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good book, because I like a good thrilling book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first book in this series and I had trouble putting it down. If this book is anything like the first one in the series, I'll enjoy. I hope I get a chaqnce to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first to books and they were very entertaining. Hopefully I can read this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this a series? Looks like a great book, would like to read this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read the previous books, and loved both of them. Right now, I am trying to get into starting this one! Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the first few pages; it seemed like it had a pretty slow beginning. However, I am very willing to give this novel another try!

    ReplyDelete